Pendarvis, E., & Berlin Fang. (2016). Orientalism and Beyond: Chinese Imagery in Appalachian Poetry. Appalachian Journal, 43(3/4), 224.
- Fang, B., & Shewmaker, J. (September 12-16). The case for small data in higher education. In p. Novais and S. Konomi (Ed.) Workshop Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Intelligent Environments, London, United Kingdom, September 12-16 (pp. 159–168). Amsterdam: IOS Press. http://doi.org/10.3233/978-1-61499-690-3-159
- Fang, B. (2016). Challenges and Opportunities with Big Data in Education. Open Education Research, 22(4).
- Fang, B., Shewmaker, J., & Self, S. (2015). Designing Free-range Assignments. In D. Preuveneers (Ed.) Workshop Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Intelligent Environments, Prague, Czech Republic, July 13-15, 2015 (pp. 120-129). Amsterdam: IOS Press.
- Fang, B. (2015, June ). How to avoid being a helicopter professor. [online]. Retrieved August 15, 2016, from Faculty Focus, http://www.facultyfocus.com/articles/teaching-careers/how-to-avoid-being-a-helicopter-professor/
- Fang, Berlin and Dvorak, Jim (2013). Using Technology to Increase Quality Time on Task. Educause Review Online (September 4).
- Fang, Berlin. (2012). Addressing Academic Dishonesty in the Age of Ubiquitous Technology. Educause Review Online(September/October).
- Debela, N., & Fang, B. (2008). Using discussions to promote critical thinking. Journal of Systemics. Cybernetics and Informatics, 6(3).
- Fang, B. (2009). From distraction to engagement: strategies to manage computer disruption in the classroom. [paper]. Educause Quarterly, 32(4).
- Fang, B. (2009). Student perception of learning while mobile in a dual-device mobile learning environment. Open Education Research, 15(4), 62-68.
- Fang, B. (2008). From Consumers to Consultants: Instructional Designers’ “New” Roles in Online Teaching) Open Education Research, 14(2).
- Fang, B. (2008). Discipline boundaries and methodology of educational technology: An interview with Prof. Alexander Romiszowski. Open Education Research,, 14(6).
- Fang, B. and Liu, C. (2008). Management of Distance Education. Open Education Research, 12(5), 39−42.
- Fang, B. (2007). Performance-based faculty development model. Performance Improvement, 46(5), 17-24 Performance Improvement, 46(5), 17-24 46(5), 17−24.